more things i wish i liked
- Strong coffee. I think it would be nice to enjoy strong (black) coffee. Earlier this spring I had a coffee that could have stripped varnish. The person who prepared said coffee downed her cup contentedly and I remembered, yet again, how much I dislike strong coffee.
- Herbal tea. Let’s stick with the warm beverage theme for a minute. I’ve tried – really tried – to like herbal teas. I just don’t like them. Peppermint, lemon, chamomile, peach. Ick. They make a great caffeine-free option, but I don’t enjoy them.
- Company (that sleeps over). I love my family (and non-family guests) but I’m always uptight when company comes to stay. It’s like I no longer feel at home in my own house when someone else is under my roof. I don’t sleep well, I never know how long I need to stay up with the guests in the evening, I worry about the timing of meals. It never feels appropriate to be in my pajamas by 7:30 pm, but that’s exactly what I want to do. Everything just feels slightly…off. Are the visits great? Yes. Do I love being surrounded by people I love? Yes. Do I want people to come visit me? Yes, yes, yes. Am I almost always ready for visitors to leave? Yes. I have an acquaintance that LOVES to have people in her home. She has even gone out of her way to have someone in her space long-term. This is not me, but I kinda wish it were?
- Hills. I hate hills. Some people see them as a challenge and great addition to their workout, but I genuinely dislike hills when walking/running.
- Playing sports. I am uncoordinated and unathletic (for sports at least). I love the idea of belonging to a women’s soccer league or playing volleyball with the kids in the backyard, but it is definitely not in my suite of talents.
- Gardening. I wish I liked gardening. I love the aesthetic of a nicely landscaped yard, but have no desire to do these things myself.
- Talking on the phone. I would prefer to exclusively text/e-mail (or see someone in person) – I don’t like talking on the phone. But I know there are some special people in my life who DO enjoy/prefer this mode of communication, so I wish I liked it more, especially for their sake.
Your turn. Anything you wish you liked (or loved). Do you enjoy black/strong coffee, hills, overnight company, and working up a sweat in your local recreational soccer league?